Select Page

Coronavirus Updates

Polk County Public Health has additional guidance for the Diocesan School Mitigation Plan for students/faculty/staff to address COVID TESTING Wait Time: Anyone waiting results of a COVID test must stay home until the test results come back to verify it is a Negative test. IDPH LINK | 3 KEY STEPS WAITING FOR RESULTS LINK | CDC LINK

Please review the 21-22  Diocesan School Mitigation Plan updated Sept 21

IMPORTANT COVID Absence/Homework guidelines 

  1. If your child has an extended absence, please communicate with the classroom teacher about make-up work and your availability for picking up classroom materials.
  2. If you choose to self-quarantine these will be counted as excused absences. Please contact the classroom teacher about make-up work and your availability for picking up classroom materials (please ensure notify the attendance line at 255 3162 x 114 or email
  3. If you receive the COVID note from the school, the grade band means the following:
  • Preschool grade band (3 and 4 year olds)
  • K/1 grade band (kindergarten and 1st grades)
  • 2/3 grade band (2nd and 3rd grades)
  • 4/5 grade band (4th and 5th grades)
  • Middle school (6,7,8 grades) grade band

IMPORTANT New CDC Quarantine Options On December 2, 2020, the CDC released two options to shorten the time that someone exposed to COVID-19 should stay home and separate from others during the 14-day quarantine period. The CDC has not shortened or altered the length of the incubation period for COVID-19. The CDC continues to recommend staying home and away from others for the entirety of the 14-day quarantine as the best way to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. The two alternative options to a full 14-day quarantine, as released by the CDC, lessen the self-separation and movement restrictions of quarantine only for exposed persons who do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and remain asymptomatic according to the following criteria in this document

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM ALL THE BISHOPS IN IOWA Please read this letter regarding taking the COVID Vaccine.

FLU vs COVID Please review this most recent document from Polk County Health Dept. If you haven’t already, please consider getting the flu shot soon. The flu shot is recommended for everyone ages six months and older annually. Unfortunately we are unable to hold a flu vaccine clinic here at the school this year, but if you need help finding a location to obtain the vaccine, don’t hesitate to contact the school nurse with questions. 515 255 3162 x113


HOLY TRINITY CATHOLIC SCHOOL OFFERED ROBUST DISTANCE LEARNING TO CONTINUE OUR STUDENTS’ EDUCATION Our exceptional teachers and staff worked diligently to continue to offer a rich, faith-based educational experience for all students during the pandemic closure. Please go HERE to hear about the experience from our parents.

MASSES AT HOLY TRINITY You can worship online with us  — to watch, go HERE Click the link to view. You can find our Mass Schedule HERE.  You can enjoy our Bulletin online HERE. 

RETURNING TO MASS Please review this important flyer from the CDC and this new document highlighting details on returning to Mass from Bishop Joenson

GIVING & DONATIONS Holy Trinity has set up an online donation button for those who wish to continue to contribute to the parish. You can connect to it HERE. We thank you for your generosity during these difficult times.

SOCIAL SERVICES Catholic Charities can be contacted if you need help with food, counseling or other social services



VOLUNTEERS NEEDED We have a need for additional Volunteers to help during this time. If you would like to help click HERE or call the Parish Office at 255-3162. Below are some opportunities for you to get involved:

  • Written Correspondence: Send personal notes and cards to those who are isolated, quarantined or social-distancing
  • Shopping and Delivery: Physically shop for and deliver groceries or pharmaceuticals as needed
  • Prayer Partners: Pray together by phone, by FaceTime, or email with a fellow parishioner—prior to beginning a prayer relationship, individuals will receive guidelines