IMPORTANT New CDC Quarantine Options On December 2, 2020, the CDC released two options to shorten the time that someone exposed to COVID-19 should stay home and separate from others during the 14-day quarantine period. The CDC has not shortened or altered the length of the incubation period for COVID-19. The CDC continues to recommend staying home and away from others for the entirety of the 14-day quarantine as the best way to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. The two alternative options to a full 14-day quarantine, as released by the CDC, lessen the self-separation and movement restrictions of quarantine only for exposed persons who do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and remain asymptomatic according to the following criteria in this document
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM ALL THE BISHOPS IN IOWA Please read this letter regarding taking the COVID Vaccine.
FLU vs COVID Please review this most recent document from Polk County Health Dept. If you haven’t already, please consider getting the flu shot soon. The flu shot is recommended for everyone ages six months and older annually. Unfortunately we are unable to hold a flu vaccine clinic here at the school this year, but if you need help finding a location to obtain the vaccine, don’t hesitate to contact the school nurse with questions. 515 255 3162 x113
HOLY TRINITY CATHOLIC SCHOOL OFFERED ROBUST DISTANCE LEARNING TO CONTINUE OUR STUDENTS’ EDUCATION Our exceptional teachers and staff worked diligently to continue to offer a rich, faith-based educational experience for all students during the pandemic closure. Please go HERE to hear about the experience from our parents.
PUBLIC SUNDAY MASSES AT HOLY TRINITY Catholics are still relieved of their Sunday obligation. You can worship online with us on Facebook — our page is public so you do not need an account to view. To watch, go to https://www.facebook.com/htschooldm at the times listed and look for the “LIVE” red link. Click the link to view. You can find our COVID Mass Schedule HERE. If you want to watch at a later time, click on “videos” and you will be able to select the one you would like to watch. You can enjoy our Bulletin online HERE.
GIVING & DONATIONS Holy Trinity has set up an online donation button for those who wish to continue to contribute to the parish. You can connect to it HERE. We thank you for your generosity during these difficult times.
CORONAVIRUS Q&A FOR KIDS https://www.timeforkids.com/g56/coronavirus-questions-2/
IDPH/CDC RESOURCE FOR IOWA UPDATES ON COVID-19 https://coronavirus.iowa.gov
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED We have a need for additional Volunteers to help during this time. If you would like to help click HERE or call the Parish Office at 255-3162. Below are some opportunities for you to get involved:
- Written Correspondence: Send personal notes and cards to those who are isolated, quarantined or social-distancing
- Shopping and Delivery: Physically shop for and deliver groceries or pharmaceuticals as needed
- Prayer Partners: Pray together by phone, by FaceTime, or email with a fellow parishioner—prior to beginning a prayer relationship, individuals will receive guidelines
- Iowa Catholic Radio broadcasts Mass on Saturdays and Sundays at 7AM
- Spirit Catholic Radio Network broadcasts Mass weekdays at 10:30AM, weekends at 7AM & noon
- Prayer Resources from the United States Conference of Bishops
- Prayer for Spiritual Communion (English & Spanish)
- Liturgy of the Hours (USCCB)
- Daily Readings Lecturas del Dia
- Daily Reflection Video
- Des Moines Diocese Coronavirus Link