Holy Trinity Catholic Church has been serving the needs of Catholics and other denominations who choose to share in our mission since 1920. Holy Trinity Catholic School is a two-section school currently serving over 400 students in preschool through eighth grade located in the Beaverdale neighborhood of Des Moines, Iowa. The school’s dedicated and highly qualified faculty and staff, in collaboration with supportive parents, share the responsibility of guiding the educational experience of the students.
- Our class sizes are designed for more individualized instruction so your students get the dedication and time they deserve
- We have put numerous measures into place to ensure we do all that can be done to keep kids and teachers safe
Kids Connection Team Associate
Holy Trinity Kids Connection is a group of dedicated workers who love kids and have fun at their job everyday. This is a great full time or part-time opportunity for college students studying Early or Elementary Education and for those who have previous experience and enjoy working with children. The Extended Learning Classroom hours are during the school day and would be great for an applicant looking for school only hours.
We are currently looking for an optimistic, energetic and responsible leader to join our team! We are hiring for the following positions: before school (6:20-8:20 am), during school in a Preschool Extended Learning classroom (10:40 am-3:30 pm), and after school (3-5:45 pm).
This is a unique opportunity that allows you to choose what works for you! The job can be full time with benefits (working each of these shifts) or part-time offering you the ability to mix and match the 3 options allowing flexibility that meets your needs.
Kids Connection is a DHS Licensed Child Care Program with an inviting, positive and gratifying atmosphere in a before and after school program. We serve children ages Preschool through 8th grade and are located within Holy Trinity Catholic School.
Job requirements are the following:
- At least 16 years of age
- Ability to lift 15+ pounds
- Able to provide first aid/CPR
- Obtain a health physical
- Pass a background check/fingerprint scan
- Completion/maintenance of additional mandatory DHS training
- Professional and superior work ethic
We are excited to meet you! We hope you apply today.
Jenith Burry 515-255-3162 x127 Quentin Abraham 515-255-3162 x233
Kids Connection Director Kids Connection Site Supervisor
Substitute Teachers Wanted
Holy Trinity School is seeking full and half day substitute teachers for the 2020-21 school year. Anyone with a Bachelor’s degree in any field can obtain a substitute teaching license. For more information please contact Monica Morrison at email@example.com or check out this link with more details. Non-Certified Positions – Please apply at www.teachiowa.gov.
NEW Substitute Authorization Requirements
Becoming a substitute teacher could be one of the most rewarding decisions of your life! It’s a great way to make a positive difference for children and youth while supporting your community school. Start by reviewing the information below then take the next step! As part of the Governor’s Proclamation of Disaster Emergency signed July 17, 2020, a substitute authorization may be issued by the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners to an individual who:
- Has successfully completed all requirements of the approved course, “Substitute Authorization: Fostering Student Learning as a Substitute.”
- Has at least one of the following: 1) an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree or 60 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited institution OR 2) completed an approved paraeducator certification program and holds a paraeducator certificate
- Has attained a minimum age of 20 years
- Has successfully completed an Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation background check
- Has successfully completed a national criminal history background check
Receiving a Substitute Authorization will allow an individual who holds an associate’s degree or has completed 60 semester hours through a regionally-accredited institution to substitute in grades PK-12. An individual who holds a paraeducator certificate without an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree and completes the Substitute Authorization course will be authorized to substitute in any classroom except driver’s education.