Holy Trinity is a Preschool through 8th grade campus of over 400 students located in the Beaverdale neighborhood of Des Moines, Iowa.
- Our class sizes are designed for more individualized instruction so your students get the dedication and time they deserve
- We have put numerous measures into place to ensure we do all that can be done to keep the kids and teachers safe
Substitute Teachers Wanted
Holy Trinity School is seeking full and half day substitute teachers for the 2020-21 school year. Anyone with a Bachelor’s degree in any field can obtain a substitute teaching license. For more information please contact Monica Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out this link with more details. Non-Certified Positions – Please apply at www.teachiowa.gov.
NEW Substitute Authorization Requirements
Becoming a substitute teacher could be one of the most rewarding decisions of your life! It’s a great way to make a positive difference for children and youth while supporting your community school. Start by reviewing the information below then take the next step! As part of the Governor’s Proclamation of Disaster Emergency signed July 17, 2020, a substitute authorization may be issued by the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners to an individual who:
- Has successfully completed all requirements of the approved course, “Substitute Authorization: Fostering Student Learning as a Substitute.”
- Has at least one of the following: 1) an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree or 60 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited institution OR 2) completed an approved paraeducator certification program and holds a paraeducator certificate
- Has attained a minimum age of 20 years
- Has successfully completed an Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation background check
- Has successfully completed a national criminal history background check
Receiving a Substitute Authorization will allow an individual who holds an associate’s degree or has completed 60 semester hours through a regionally-accredited institution to substitute in grades PK-12. An individual who holds a paraeducator certificate without an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree and completes the Substitute Authorization course will be authorized to substitute in any classroom except driver’s education.